Progenta Wows Customers and Prospects with Whittaker’s Carpet Care System
Progenta Project Services, a floor and upholstery service provider based in the Netherlands, has more than 30 years of experience maintaining floors in places like commercial offices, healthcare facilities, and government-operated buildings.
Early on, Progenta realized that to be a leader in floor care, it would need the right carpet care equipment and chemistry to complement its expertise. Using suitable machines, tools, and formulations ensures the removal of stubborn spots and stains that can negatively impact a facility’s reputation and even result in customer complaints to service providers and carpet manufacturers.
“Out of every 100 complaints carpet mills receive, about 90 of them are tied to lapses in carpet care rather than issues with the carpet’s construction,” said Marijn van Dijkhuizen, Owner of Progenta Project Services. “Thus, the quality of carpet care is key.”
More than 20 years ago, Progenta purchased a carpet care system from Whittaker, the leader in low-moisture encapsulation systems. Today, the company uses about 20 Whittaker’s Smart Care® TRIO machines and CRYSTAL® Chemistry. While Progenta conducts periodic carpet maintenance for its customers – typically 3-4 times per year at each location – the systems are used daily across all customer sites.
“Customers like the result after we clean the carpet with Whittaker’s system,” added van Dijkhuizen. “Our employees also appreciate that the equipment is lightweight and easy to operate.”
Because he believes in the system’s effectiveness, van Dijkhuizen also resells Smart Care® TRIO machines and the corresponding chemistry to other like-minded organizations across Europe and hotels in the Netherlands that are interested in handling carpet care in-house. To ensure success, Progenta provides the necessary training on how to use and maintain the system.
With Whittaker’s Smart Care® TRIO system, Progenta realizes a variety of benefits, including:
- Customer satisfaction: The Smart Care® TRIO uses three brushes to lift the carpet pile and agitate the solution into the carpet fibers. Customers quickly notice that the flooring looks fresh and new after cleaning. They also appreciate that the system doesn’t use large volumes of water or chemistry. The carpet dries quickly, and people can walk over it without worry.
- Business growth: Progenta receives a lot of referrals from carpet manufacturers and, in most cases, wins the business by demonstrating how the Smart Care® TRIO works. As van Dijkhuizen notes, “the wow effect achieved with Whittaker is great. People are convinced of its capabilities right away.”
- Employee wellbeing: Progenta can confidently, quickly, and quietly clean carpets with the TRIO system while building occupants are present rather than requiring employees to clean during evening hours. This allows staff to share their evenings with family. Additionally, as Progenta’s staff becomes increasingly diverse, with both men and women involved in cleaning duties, it’s ideal that the Whittaker equipment is lightweight. This allows every employee to take on carpet care.
- Sustainability contributions: Sustainability is a growing priority in Europe, and companies are being challenged to support the circular economy model. Properly caring for a carpet can extend its lifespan by 3-4 years. Additionally, because the Whittaker chemistry does not leave behind a residue, it can be repurposed after it reaches the end of its useful life in a facility. If manufacturers accept these materials, they can use them to create new carpet.
- Simplified training: Progenta’s employees appreciate that training is not complex but an engaging process. It’s easy to teach others how to use the machine, and it is even fun to use.
- Enhanced productivity: According to van Dijkhuizen, “You can make a good profit in carpet cleaning if you know the right way to approach it.” With the Smart Care® TRIO, Progenta can thoroughly clean 200 square meters in under an hour, which is significantly faster than more intensive cleaning processes.
“Carpet care is especially important because if floors are dirty, visitors will likely associate this with the overall cleanliness and assume the facility is not hygienic,” said van Dijkhuizen. “We proudly use Whittaker’s system for all customer sites with carpet.”
SMART CARE® Systems and CRYSTAL DRY® Chemistry.
The equipment and supplies you need for a cost-effective carpet maintenance program and simplified spotting system.